Wills, Estate Planning and Trusts
No matter what stage of life you are in, there’s no time like the present to get your affairs in order to ensure your wishes are met and your loved ones are looked after in the future.
Important estate planning decisions require expert advice and guidance – particularly in this modern world of complex finances and blended families, which demand knowledge of many different legal areas.
Elder law is a significant area of our practice in which our team of highly experienced lawyers can you help with:
- Powers of Attorney;
- Appointments of Enduring Guardian;
- Guardianship Board proceedings;
- Retirement Village contracts;
- Nursing Home issues.
We have helped many of our clients across the Northern Beaches and further afield plan how to look after their loved ones in the future, including:
- Family and Testamentary Trusts;
- Superannuation issues including beneficiary claims, Binding Death Benefit nominations and Self Managed Superannuation Funds;
- Arrangements for disabled beneficiaries;
- Advice on potential claims;
- Taxation Implications.
We understand that dealing with bereavement can be difficult and confusing. We can also assist you with sensitivity in:
- Step-by-step advice on estate procedures;
- Obtaining information as to the deceased’s assets and liabilities;
- Processes for obtaining Probate or Letters of Administration;
- Gathering in of Assets;
- Distribution of the Estate;
- Taxation issues.
Occasionally disputes arise as a result of competing claims on a deceased estate. We have experience in such matters to help you:
- Negotiate an out-of-Court settlement;
- Litigate in relation to a claim if necessary;
- Look at medical issues relating to capacity;
- Consider family provision factors.